Young Mariners Waterfront’s Kayak & SUP Rentals Program is now open!
For reservations, call (203) 962-4571.
Our hours are Fridays, 12pm to 6pm; Saturdays, from 9am to 6pm; and Sundays, from 10am to 5pm. We are located on the Harbor Point waterfront, north of the Ponus Yacht Club and just opposite the Crab Shell. All Harbor Point residents get 20% off! For more information on pricing or what to bring, click here. For the location of our rentals program, scan this barcode with your smartphone now:
FOUNDATION PROGRAMS benefit underserved elementary and middle school children in Stamford and Greenwich. Programs use swimming and sailing as hands-on ways to provide math, science and social studies enrichment and key life skills. They address the achievement gap in Connecticut and summer learning loss.
Stamford: Partnering with Stamford public schools and community centers, we offer the Young Mariners after-school program and Blue Water Bound summer camp.
- Children are admitted to Young Mariners through participating schools: Hart, KT Murphy, Rogers, Stark, Springdale and Toquam.
- Blue Water Bound summer sailing camp is a 5-week program that Young Mariners can attend for 3 to 5 weeks. They spend one-half day sailing and one-half day in class related to sailing.
Greenwich: Partnering with the Boys and Girls Club of Greenwich and Greenwich Community Sailing Greenwich Young Mariners offer an after-school program and a summer sailing and enrichment program.
- Children are admitted the to the Young Mariners after-school program through the Boys and Girls Club of Greenwich.
- Summer sailing, which Young Mariners can attend for up to 4 years, combines sailing with academic enrichment.
WATERFRONT PROGRAMS are open the the public on a fee basis.
- Sailing Instruction supervised by a certified teacher from the Stamford Public Schools who are US Sailing Certified as well
- Classes are small and instruction is individualized.
- The schedule is posted online under Programs/Waterfront Programs.
- Stand-Up-Paddleboard and Kayak rentals.
- Instruction and tours available.
- Rentals available Friday-Sunday from April-October.